Working Hard To Earn Your Personal And Professional Trust

Employment Lawsuits: Do You Have A Case?

If you are experiencing a situation at work that you believe violates your rights, you probably wonder whether you have an actionable case against your employer. I can help you determine whether you have grounds for legal action. I am attorney Andrew Wong, founder of the Law Office of Andrew M. Wong.

For more than two-and-a-half decades, I have represented workers in the fight for fairness in the workplace. From sexual harassment to wage and hour disputes, I know the ins and outs of employment law and how to defend your rights. When you need a lawyer to determine whether you should file a lawsuit, I am here to advise you.

What To Know About Wrongful Termination

Not every instance of firing is the result of wrongful termination. Because New York is an at-will state, employers have the right to fire workers for nearly any reason as long as it does not violate state or federal employment law. You might have a case for wrongful termination if your employer fired you due to:

  • Age
  • Race
  • Gender or gender identity
  • Pregnancy or caregiver status
  • Sexual orientation
  • Nation of origin
  • Religion
  • Disability
  • Military status
  • Marital or partnership status
  • Criminal history
  • Status as a domestic violence survivor
  • Whistleblower status

Some common signs of wrongful termination include derogatory comments, sudden negative performance reviews and breach of your employment contract.

Reassuring Personal Guidance At Every Step

At the Law Office of Andrew M. Wong, I can sit down with you to discuss your situation. If you have a case, I can help you file a complaint with the New York Division of Human Rights, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or the New York City Commission on Human Rights. I can also help you file a civil lawsuit. Along the way, I will explain the processes and help you understand what comes next.

Ask Me Whether You Have A Case

You do not have to go through this difficult situation alone. Contact me at my New York City office to discuss your options. Call me at 646-876-5612 or send an email to schedule a consultation.