Do Not Wait To Create An Estate Plan
The whole idea of estate planning is something most people try to avoid for as long as possible. This is a mistake. If you think of estate planning as caring for your loved ones, seeing that they are provided for in the best possible way, and ensuring that the property and assets you worked so hard to accumulate over the course of your life is distributed according to your wishes then you’d want to do an estate plan as soon as possible.
At my law firm, the Law Office of Andrew M. Wong, I will work with you to develop and implement an estate plan that fits your individual needs and the needs of your family. I can assist with:
- Health care documents
- Powers Of attorney
- Living wills
- Business succession plans
Contact my office in New York City, and I will help you get an estate plan done so that you’ll have peace of mind and many fewer things to worry about. I can also answer your questions about estate planning.
Why Create An Estate Plan?
Estate planning enables you to do the following:
- Determine what happens to your property and how it is distributed
- Decide who will carry out your wishes by designating executors, trustees or other personal representatives
- Minimize exposure to federal and state estate taxes
- Coordinate your estate planning with all of your other financial planning
- Decide if a business you own will be sold or stay in the family
- Be in control of your life – make health care decisions and manage your affairs if you become disabled
Estate planning is not just for the elderly – it needs to be part of your overall financial plan and factored into providing for your children’s welfare and education as well as your own retirement needs. An estate plan can be reviewed periodically and updated as your circumstances or needs change.